January 4, 2024 | Author: Admin
Getting a pair of contact lenses means freedom from eyeglasses and discovering new visual details. Since your vision is crucial, making smart choices when using contacts is key. It takes time to get used to wearing and caring for contacts, so be patient and practice regularly. Following contact lens rules might be frustrating at first, but once you get the hang of it, you’ll see why many choose contacts over glasses.
Below are a few simple tips to follow for long-term success with your new contact lenses:
- Consultation and prescription: Before using contact lenses for the first time, it’s crucial to have a comprehensive eye examination by an eye specialist. They will determine your prescription, assess your eye health, and recommend the type of contact lenses best suited for your eyes.
- Maintain good hygiene: Maintaining good hygiene is important when handling contact lenses. Always wash your hands thoroughly before touching your lenses. Use a mild, fragrance-free soap and dry your hands with a lint-free towel to avoid any debris transferring onto your lenses.
- Contact lens insertion and removal: You can use both hands in the beginning when putting in and removing contact lenses. Learning how to properly insert and remove your contact lenses is a key skill. Be patient and take your time as you get accustomed to handling the lenses. Follow the step-by-step instructions provided by your eye specialist, and don’t hesitate to ask for a demonstration during your consultation.
- Contact lens cleaning and storage: Regular cleaning and proper storage are essential to ensuring the longevity of your contact lenses. Use the recommended contact lens solution to clean and store your lenses overnight. Avoid using tap water or saliva, as these can introduce harmful bacteria to your lenses.
- Avoid over-wearing of lenses: Never wear contact lenses for extended periods, especially during activities like swimming or sleeping. Over-wearing can lead to discomfort, dryness, and an increased risk of eye infections.
- Regular eye check-ups: Regular eye check-ups are essential for contact lens wearers. Your eye specialist will monitor your eye health, assess the fit of your lenses, and make any necessary adjustments to ensure optimal comfort and vision.
People who are trying contact lenses for the first time might feel a bit anxious. But if they are careful, practice a lot, follow hygiene rules, take good care of the lenses, and listen to their eye doctor’s advice, the experience can be enjoyable and comfortable. Contacts are a good way to correct vision with minimal risks if you handle them properly.
If you have any questions or concerns, our expert team at Ojas – Eye Hospital in Mumbai is here to provide personalized guidance and support on your contact lens usage.